Yep, this is one of our most frequently asked questions, although it arrives in a variety of forms and with a fair amount of incredulity. We’ve had several reviews and feedback from parents admitting that they heard about our labels (from schools, friends and other parents, and even their own relatives) and simply couldn’t believe that these labels would simply stick in and stay in.
But YES: Stikins do just stick in and stay in – absolutely no ironing or sewing needed!
These labels have a specially designed adhesive that will create an extra strong bond between each label and the item it is applied to; a bond that can survive the challenges of even the most aggressive environments such as those found in washing machines, tumble driers, dish washers, and microwaves – along with the natural wear and tear of being stuck onto clothing that is worn on a day to day basis or personal items that are handled regularly.
There’s really nothing to it. You simply stick them in and go!
To get the very best performance from your name labels we have a few tips and tricks to help you out:
- Wash brand new items before applying your name labels.
- Ensure each item is completely dry before applying your name labels.
- Avoid touching the adhesive as much as possible as you apply each name label.
- Smooth the label down with your thumb after applying it to ensure that the adhesive bonds fully with the material or surface.
- Avoid washing your garments and items for 24 hours to allow the adhesive to fully bond and set.
- Don’t iron over your name labels because they will melt.
- Apply your name labels to the side wall or underneath the tongue of shoes so that the print isn’t worn away while the shoes are being worn.
- Make sure you stick your name labels onto the wash care or garment label of clothing.